1. Financial Administration Manager (1)
2. Office Assistant (1)
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Number of positions: 2
Location: Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
In response to the increased refugee arrivals into Europe, in September 2019 Center PUZ began responding in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Tuzla to assist refugees during their journey through BiH. Since December 2019, in partnership with CRS, Caritas BiH and other international and local actors we have been implementing a component of a joint program that provides humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable individuals and groups transiting through Tuzla.
The primary responsibility of the Finance and Administration Manager is to take on responsibility, in the professional and timely management of all administrative, financial and human resources matters related to Center PUZ office, in compliance with national laws, Center PUZ’s policies and procedures, and donors’ guidelines.
Play an instrumental role in implementation of the Center PUZ programme and projects, providing programmatic, administrative and financial support to the programme and operations team.
Key working relationships:
- Position 1 Reports to: Executive Director
- Position 2 Reports to: Financial and Administration Manager.
- Conduct the process of payments and deposits; verify due claims and expenses’ eligibility; and implement transactional procedures and systems aimed at ensuring the proper use of funds, transparency of management and full traceability (matching purchase orders with invoices, receipts, supporting documents etc.).
- Contribute to the payments process by verifying due claims and expenses ‘eligibility with donor obligations and ensure full traceability (matching purchase orders with invoices, receipts, supporting documents etc.).
- Maintain accurate records of all daily transactions and ensure that all financial records are complete, up to date and filed systematically in hard and soft form.
- Prepare monthly expense reports for ED, in collaboration with the accounting service and Project Manager.
- Draft financial reports for donors.
- Prepare periodic reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Responsible for the custody and regular inventory of petty-cash and cheques, and for the provision, follow-up, and timely settlement of professional advances.
- Prepare documents for managing external audits and implementation of audit recommendations.
- Prepare activity/project budgets and monthly expenditure forecasts as required.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are available, accessible, and understood by all staff.
Procurement, logistics and office management
- Ensure the day-to-day logistical management of the office: security, upkeep and supply.
- Ensure that all equipment is well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible. Maintain an updated inventory of the equipment, furniture and other assets, and conduct periodic physical verification.
- Manage the office supplies’ stock (stationaries, hygiene articles etc.), ensuring that regular needs are covered and that the list of consumables is kept up-to date.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all contracts (services, grants, utilities, rent etc.), and monitor contractual obligations and expiry dates.
- Organize the logistical arrangements for project activities such as workshops, trainings, seminars, meetings etc. and participate in program support. Responsible for booking hotels and flights as per approved travel plans.
Administration and human resources.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in the preparation of the monthly payroll, payment of salaries, provision of pay slips, and deposit of all due taxes.
- Support the preparation of appointment letters, employment contracts, ToR’s and job descriptions.
- Create, maintain and monitor employees’ timesheets, leave requests and records, etc.
- Compile and keep employees’ personal files up-to-date at all times, ensuring their confidentiality.
- Perform general office/secretarial/filing duties autonomously.
- Prepare the minutes of meetings, as the need arises.
Collaboration & Representation:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, partners, organizations and actors;
- Perform effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Contributes to achieving work unit goals by working collaboratively and flexibly with others and building effective collaboration across programs;
- Established, maintains, and develops professional relationships with program staff and team members and promote a strong team spirit.
- This position is based in Tuzla Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- POSITION 1: University Degree in finances or business administration, while professional accounting qualification is an asset; or any other relevant qualification.
- POSITION 2: SSS in economic or administration field, while University Degree in business administration or finances is an asset
- POSITION 1: 5 years’ experience
- POSITION 2: 1-2 years’ experience
- NGO experience preferred;
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for the beneficiaries and partners;
- Strong ability to maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, flexibility, attention to detail and orientation to solution;
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability work well in a team setting, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- High competency in Office package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, Outlook, Internet Explorer);
- Fluency in B/H/S and English.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
Center PUZ, Equal Opportunity Employer, considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
PUZ and PUZ workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in PUZ Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the PUZ operates and enforces policies on Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Process of the Application:
If you are interested in this position, apply no later than 15th May 2022 end of the day, by sending necessary documents to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org titled “Application for Finance and Administration Manager Position” and “Application for Office Assistant Position.”
Please include two prior reference contacts.
Note: Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.