Send us your best photos of life of refugee in Bosnia and Herzegovina and communities where you live.
Photographers from all over the Bosnia and Herzegovina, prepare your cameras. We’re now accepting applications for the WRD BiH 2022 Photo Competition. Whether you’re a professional or amateur, nature or urban photographer, we’d love to see your perspective on the life of refugees living in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Take us on a visual journey across the BiH through your camera lenses - from local communities to youth and women overcoming local adversities.
Entries will be accepted until 31 May. Finalists will be announced on 10th of June, with the winners announced on 20 th June, World Refugee Day .
Good luck, and we look forward to receiving your submissions!
- Gift bag of Euro 300 value (1st place), Euro 200 value (2nd place) and Euro 150 value (popular vote).
- A spread and interview with partners web page.
- A showcase at the WRD BIH 22 Digital Conference.
- The WRD BiH Photo Competition is open to all refugees, asylum seekers, and people under subsidiary protection residing in BiH aged 16 or above, whether you’re a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer.
- Photo has to be taken on a mobile device, and not tampered with professional tools.
- By submitting the photo, the participant guarantees that their participation follows the rules and agrees with the terms of this competition.
- Photos that have previously won other photographic competitions will not be considered.
How to participate
- To participate, upload your photo here.
- Each photograph is a single entry.
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title and the contributor’s name and contact information, including facebook social media handles and a caption listing the subject and location.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the Center for community services PUZ, who will shortlist up to 25 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. Finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
The Center for community services PUZ will publish the finalist photos on its online platforms. The public will be invited to vote for their favorite photos, and the submission that receives the most votes will receive the ‘popular vote’ award. The panel will choose first and second prize winners.
2022-05-16 12:00 PM - 2022-06-11 12:00 PM
2022-06-12 12:00 PM - 2022-06-17 12:00 PM